“Skyflowers” is a name used to describe a range of flower essence remedies made from plants belonging to the Bromeliad or Pineapple Family. When in flower, these exotic, tree-dwelling plants illuminate the forest canopy in a spectacular display of color, form and sometimes, fragrance. When in bloom, it is literally as if “the heavens had opened and the sky were flowering!”
The Bromeliad Family
The Bromeliad family is one of the world’s largest plant families and are native to Central & South America – and to a degree, North America. The family consists of 3 sub-families which contain some 59 genera or ’flower groups’ of more than 2,000 species. Alongside the natural species are many hundreds more cultivated hybrids which are commonly on offer in garden centers and florists. The Pineapple, Ananus comosusis the most famously recognized of the Bromeliaciae… and is the only edible species belonging to this family!
What is a Bromeliad?
Evolution has played a strange hand with this ‘offshoot of the grass tribe’ for Bromeliads have the unusual ability of being able to draw their water requirements from moisture particles contained in the surrounding air – absorbing it directly through their leaves! They do this by collecting water droplets from the humid air or sea fog with tiny scales on their leaves called ‘trichomes’. These specialized, water-absorbing trichomes are unique to the Bromeliad family!
What Do Bromeliads Offer as a Flower Essence Remedy?
In general, all Bromeliads help us to open up to our deeper nature – the self that is part of, connected to and part of a larger and grander whole. Able to acquire moisture – and therefore, life – from ‘all around them’, the Bromeliads teach us that we are surrounded by the support ( love ) we need.
As a flower essence remedy, Bromeliads offer these insights into human nature…
- Relaxation ( as a Pathway to the Truth ) - The Bromeliads teach us to relax into our experience of life. For as we begin to relax into life – and ourselves – our innate qualities shine through and the truth of ourselves can be seen. And lived!
- The Living Moment - Being Now, living now. Drawing upon our surroundings and taking action on our actual experiences! I.e. Setting aside the projections of ‘past’ and ‘future’ and other mental fabrications so as to participate in… real life.
- The Enlightened Mind - Paying attention to the realities of life and thereby, letting go of our stories-about-life. I.e. Training your mind to be present, aware and illumined-by-what-is… not scattered, distracted or hurried.
- Following the Path of Truth - Facing what is. Realizing that suffering stems from paying attention what isn’t. I.e. Worry, fear, unhappiness and other miseries are all caused by aligning with illusion.
- The Potential Within You - Bromeliads show us the innate potential inside us, our resource-fullness and capacity to change, adapt and grow as human beings. Learning to cultivate and build upon the potential that is within you ( as opposed to working on the list of faults that limit you. )
- Being True to Who You Are - Setting aside your self image and being who you really are. Knowing that your self image is based upon a myriad of perceptions from your past; a faulty blueprint that tells you nothing of your present potential.
- Transcendence - Rising above your self image and the worries of life attached to it. Living without story, past or conditioning in this moment. Shedding the confines of a mind that will always be free.
- Ascended Living - Focusing your energies fully on a positive expression of self. Discarding your illusions and setting your mind to the task of single-pointed task of being your best, most creative self. Establishing a life ‘high in the treetops’ above the cares of the world.
- The Moral? Be… Yourself! - In short, the main message of the Bromeliads is simply this… ‘relax… and be yourself!’ That is ‘the destination’ of the spiritual path that you are on… to follow a natural path in life and discover what it is to fully be yourself.
These are just some of the innate qualities of the Bromeliad and are imparted whenever one takes one of the Skyflower essence remedies – regardless of the remedy chosen. Symbols of wholeness, ascension and perfection, the Bromeliads challenge many of the flawed views, beliefs and thoughts we hold about life… and ourselves.
Working from within, the Skyflowers help to unveil the color and spirit that you have inside.
The Pineapple Philosophy – ‘Relax… and Let Life Unfold!’
On a practical level, the Skyflowers help us to set aside that time ( and energy ) consuming ‘hobby’ we all indulge in – namely worry. By imparting their ways and reminding us to ‘drink from life’, we begin to let go of the illusory worries, story-driven inadequacies and our projected fears… and get on with focusing our life energy more productively, intentionally and meaningfully. In other words, the Bromeliads help us to let go of our habit of worrying about life so that we can get on and live it!
In fact, worry about life - and it’s reflection - concern with self is really the core issue that the Bromeliads help us with. Although the emotional issues vary, self concern is at the root of every Bromeliad-related problem! The
Bromeliads offer a lighter, more carefree approach to life… a style of thinking that is lacking in these modern times. You may think it impossible to escape worry, but then I ask you, ‘where did worrying ever get you?’
The ’Pineapple’, care-free approach to life is covered in the various courses, classes and workshops on offer.
There’s Something for Everyone!
No matter what your level of interest – from the beginner to the advanced practitioner – there’s something for everybody with the Skyflowersrange of flower essence remedies. Whether you just want some immediate relief from a hard day at work, need to find help for a troubled client or you wish to deepen your spiritual awareness, you can find the information to suit your needs.
For those in Melbourne, there is a regular weekly study group to participate in. These informal classes can be attended any time you wish on a ‘drop in’ basis and makes a great introduction to the flowers. This is a great way to get to know the essences and also gain insights from other peoples experiences whilst working with them.
For those seeking a more in-depth view of the entire essence range, there are various workshops on offer to augment your flower essence knowledge. These intensive training seminars provide the most up-to-date research findings as well as further insight into the subtleties of working with vibrational remedies. These workshops run regularly and are open to all who have a passion to learn.
Thank-you for your interest in the Skyflowers. I hope you enjoy working with these amazing flowers as much as I do. Please feel free to email me any questions you may have.
Enjoy the website and the Skyflowers!
Brendan Rohan - founder of the Skyflowers
Email - Info@SkyflowerShop.com